Who am I?
- My name is Burkay Genc
- BSc Industrial Engineering, Bilkent Univ.
- MSc Computer Engineering, Bilkent Univ.
- PhD Computer Science, Waterloo Univ. Canada
- Izmir Economy University
- TED University
- Hacettepe University, Inst. of Population Studies
- Hacettepe University, Inst. of Informatics
- Hacettepe University, Computer Engineering Dept.
What is this course about?
- We will learn the practice of data mining
- We will use the R language
- This is not a machine learning course (see CMP712)
- This is not a neural networks course (see CMP684)
- This is not a deep learning course (see CMP784)
What will you learn?
- The R language fundamentals
- Data collection
- Data pre-processing
- Reporting and Deployement
- Case Studies
What is required?
- A modern PC
- R programming language installation
- RStudio IDE installation
- Both are free software, available for all OSs.
- 20% : First Assignment
- 30% : Second Assignment
- 50% : Final Project
- Find your own data (week 4)
- Define your own problem (week 5)
- Apply data cleaning, pre-processing, outlier detection, etc. (week 7)
- Apply data mining methods (week 12)
- Discover wisdom (week 13)
- Conclude (week 14)
- Submit! (week 15)