Department of Computer Engineering
Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
Tel: + 90 312 2977500 / 124
I am an associate professor in the Department of Computer Engineering at Hacettepe University. My recent research focus is on reinforcement learning, mainly applications of RL to wireless networks [C7,C9], human in the loop computing [C8,C10] and robust reinforcement learning [C11].
Awards and Grants:
- [J8] M. Koseoglu, E. Karasan and L. Chen, “Cross-layer Energy Minimization for Underwater ALOHA Networks,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 551-561, June 2017. PDF
- [J7] M. Koseoglu, "Pricing-based Load Control of M2M Traffic for the LTE-A Random Access Channel", IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 1353-1365, Mar. 2017. PDF
- [J6] M. Koseoglu, "Lower Bounds on the LTE-A Average Random Access Delay under Massive M2M Arrivals", IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 2104-2115, May 2016. PDF
- [J5] M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, “Energy-optimum Throughput and Carrier Sensing Rate in CSMA-based Wireless Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1200-1212, June 2014. PDF
- [J4] M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, “Spatio-Temporal Analysis of Throughput for Single-Hop CSMA Networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 564-567, April 2014. PDF
- [J3] M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, “Throughput Modeling of Single Hop CSMA Networks with Non-Negligible Propagation Delay,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 2911-23, July 2013. PDF
- [J2] M. Koseoglu, E. Karasan and M. Alanyali, “Effect of Network Density and Size on the Short-term Fairness Performance of CSMA Systems,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2012. PDF
- [J1] M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, “Joint Resource and Network Scheduling with Adaptive Offset Determination for Optical Burst Switched Grids,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 26, pp. 576-589, Apr. 2010. PDF
- [C12] M. Fındık, S. Yılmaz and M. Koseoglu. Random Forest Classification of Finger Movements Using Electromyogram (EMG) Signals, IEEE Sensors, 2020
- [C11] M. Koseoglu and A. Ozcelikkale. How to miss data? Reinforcement learning for environments with high observation cost, ICML Workshop on The Art of Learning with Missing Values, 2020.
- [C10] B. Ho, B. Balaji, M. Koseoglu, S. Sandha, S. Pei and M. Srivastava. Quick Question: Interrupting Users for Microtasks with Reinforcement Learning, ICML Workshop on Human in the Loop Learning, 2020.
- [C9] A. Özçelikkale, M.Koseoglu, M. Srivastava and A. Ahlén, "Deep reinforcement learning based energy beamforming for powering sensor networks", IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, 2019
- [C8] B. Ho, M. Koseoglu, B. Balaji, and M. Srivastava, "Nurture: Notifying Users at the Right Time Using Reinforcement Learning", UbiTtention 2018: 3rd International Workshop on Smart & Ambient Notification and Attention Management, Singapore, 2018.
- [C7] A. Ozcelikkale, M. Koseoglu, M. Srivastava, "Optimization vs. Reinforcement Learning for Wirelessly Powered Sensor Networks", IEEE 19th International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Kalamata, Greece, 2018
- [C6] M. Koseoglu, "Performance Analysis of Small Data Transmission Schemes for Cellular M2M Communications", 16th Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (MED-HOC-NET), Budva, Montenegro, 2017
- [C5] A. Bereketli, I. Yazgı, B. Yeni and M. Koseoglu, "Battery-Powered AUV Network Lifetime Under Energy Constraints," IEEE/MTS OCEANS, Aberdeen, Scotland, 2017.
- [C4] A. Bereketli, M. Tumcakir, I. Yazgi, B. Yeni, M. Koseoglu and T. M. Duman, "Connectivity Analysis of an AUV Network with OFDM Based Communications," IEEE OES International Symposium on Underwater Technology (UT), Busan, South Korea, 2017.
- [C3] M. Koseoglu, A. Bereketli, İ. Yazgı and B. Yeni, "Probabilistic Broadcast for Dense AUV Networks," IEEE/MTS OCEANS, Monterey, CA, USA, 2016.
- [C2] M. Koseoglu, “Smart Pricing for Service Differentiation and Load Control of the LTE-A IoT System,” IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things, Milan, Italy, 2015.
- [C1] M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, “Joint Path and Resource Selection for OBS Grids with Adaptive Offset Based QoS Mechanism,” First International Conference on Networks for Grid Applications, Lyon, France, 2007.
- Embedded Systems (with Embedded Systems Laboratory), Computer Organization, Computer Networks, Data Communications, Mobile Computing, Systems Programming, Digital Logic Design